Are you interested in events in Europe related to high-performance computing? Check out the Events Calendar.
Or do you want to find out more on what kinds of trainings the European Centres of Excellence in HPC have to offer? Have a look at the CoE Training Calendar.
- This event has passed.
Webinar: PHIDIAS HPC – Building a prototype for Earth Science Data and HPC Services
February 13 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Description and Scope
High-Performance Computing (HPC) technology is becoming increasingly important as a key-driver to push European economic growth and Scientific Research. A comprehensive tool that can support the development of a wide array of scientific domains (like Big Data, earth observation and ocean study) and impact societal challenges as well.
The Webinar aims at introducing the Phidias HPC initiative to the European HPC and Research community, including main features, expected impact and advantages for Research & HPC ecosphere. The project is paving the way to increase the HPC and Data capacities of the European Data Infrastructure by pursuing the following objectives:
- Building a prototype for earth scientific data
- Enabling Open Access to HPC Services
- Strengthening FAIRisation
- Creating a framework combining computing, dissemination and archiving resources
- Better understand how HPC technology can enable more accurate data observation
- Discover the benefits of Standardised DATA/HPC services for Earth Sciences
- Keep abreast with the current status of the European HPC ecosystem
Who should attend:
- EU HPC community
- Big data scientists
- Earth observation researchers
- Marine life experts
- Research and academies
- Boris Dintrans, CINES & PHIDIAS Coordinator
- Pascal Prunet, WP4 Leader, SPASCIA
- Jean-Christophe Desconnets, WP5 Leader, IRD
- Cecile Nys, WP6 member, IFREMER
- Aleksi Kallio, Aleksi Kallio, Focus on AI Services targeting the user communities, CSC – IT Centre of Science Ltd